Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Monday, January 2, 2017

Getting Organized and New Years Resolutions

I always get so sad when Christmas is over. Packing up the decorations and the switch back to regular music on the radio always slightly depresses me.
So it's a REALLY good thing I love getting organized because it's something to look forward to in the New Year!

To get my started, I pulled out a few of my favorite things:

I've got my personalized Erin Condren Life Planner, Erin Condren What To Buy/What to Eat Snap in Dashboard and Stickers, Gilmore Girls Pencils, All Out of Grocery List and of course COFFEE!

Once I got organized, I jotted down a few goals and resolutions for myself for the year, Here's what I came up with:

1.) Be a Happier, Healthier Me:
     I could definitely set a goal of going to the gym at least 3 times a week, lose 10 lbs or eat only healthy food, but lets be realistic, that's not going to stick.  Sometimes I need to binge on a bowl of pasta or a pint of ice cream, and you know what, that's okay! I am not going to feel bad for indulging on my favorite foods here and there.  What I can do is make conscious decisions to balance those splurges out with healthier foods and some cardio!

2.) Spend more quality time with Christopher and Hallie:
     I definitely need to work on setting down the phone and spending QUALITY time with my family.  What I mean by this is helping Hallie with a puzzle instead of scrolling through facebook while she plays; or spend time chatting with Christopher when he gets home from work instead of turning on the TV.  I am really hoping to strengthen our relationships this year!

3.) Figure out my dreams (AND MAKE THEM HAPPEN): 
     Last year I totally thought I knew where God was leading me, and then a HUGE curveball was thrown at me and I was left figuring things out. I do know that I really enjoy having an outlet for my creativity and I really enjoyed working in social media. I just need to find the right alley! I have a lot of balls in the air and getting much closer to figuring things out, so I am hoping that this year will be a year of revolutions for me!

What are your resolutions? How do you get organized?
<3 Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Love your EC planner!! Best way to start the year! I'm working on similar goals this year. Aiming to work out 5 hours / week to feel better (and hopefully get those endorphins going!) and really focus on my relationships. My word for 2017 is deliberate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...