A Few of my Favorite Things

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Ben the Rooster Calendar

Ben the Rooster has done it again!

Hallie and I are of course still enjoying his bimonthly post cards.  She is getting pretty good at answering his open ended questions (of course she tells me what to write) and drawing something at least slightly on topic before mailing Ben back her pre stamped post card.  But the fun now doesn't stop there.


Starting this month we have an adorable calendar page to decorate once every month.  I was able to use Ben's calendar as a fun teaching moment for Hallie as well! After Hallie colored Ben's January calendar photo.  I talked to her about the 12 months of the year and the 7 days of the week.  We discussed how the first month in the year is January, and it is part of Winter.  Then we talked all about the 4 seasons.
























I just love that Ben provides such easy educational tools that can be easily adapted for each individual child's age and comprehension level.



If you haven't subscribed to Ben's postcards, be sure to do so here!
It's also not too late to get Ben's 2017 Calendar! Check it out!

<3 Kelly and Hallie

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic... and totally something I would enjoy doing!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...