Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Monday, June 13, 2016

Saying Goodbye to the Mural

It totally breaks my heart to think about the mural in Hallie's room now. Many of you know that before Hallie was born, My Mom, Mother in Law and myself painted a beautiful tree mural with birds and butterflies on Hallie's wall.  By now it is probably covered with a fresh coat of white paint getting ready for new tenants as an investor bought our home.

A week or so a before we moved out, I had my good friend Whitney, come and take some photos of Hallie playing in her nursery before we boxed things up.  Photos I am sure to cherish for the rest of my life. Photos I will be sharing with you as soon as we get them back!

The last day we were in the house I took Hallie into her room, just the two of us.  I sat her down on the bare floor as all of the furniture and her toys had been packed away in boxes and moved already. I told her "how happy Mommy was when I found out you were girl". I told her "I knew immediately the vision I had for the nursery where we would bring you home for the first time." I explained to her all of the people who had a hand in helping me make my vision come to life. "Tia Joyce helped me make your letters, and Auntie Jennifer and I made your mural. Daddy and Pop put together your crib which was given to us by Ms. Marie and Sophie. Daddy, Uncle Adam and Aunt Kate built your changing table which was given to us by Nana and Bapa.  But the most special gift in your room was the mural. Mommy, Memi and Nana spent hours getting the tree, birds, butterflies and flowers just right.  We talked the whole time we worked about how excited we were for your arrival. We wondered what you would look like and how your personality would be.  We were so proud with how it turned out."

"Then when the room was done and you arrived Nana continued coming over to add "finishing touches" to your room.  She was so excited! She made you curtains, cross stitched bears for your walls and painted a peg board for us to hang your ballet shoes on! Eventually we had no room left to put anything, but she wanted everything to be perfect for you."

After I told her all of of that, I took her over to the tree and we took a couple of photos and said goodbye to her room, goodbye to the mural, and goodbye to Nana. It was a sad sweet moment, but one I am so glad I took the time to have.

Mom will live on in the photos, and Memi and I will make sure Hallie's room is just as special as the first!

<3 Kelly

5 comments:

  1. Starting the morning off with a sniffle over here now. It's a beautiful memory! I'm glad you got pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly, such a special memory. What a great idea to take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww baby girl so sweet! I will help too! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww baby girl so sweet! I will help too! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh!!! So very sad but sweet! Such love the grandmas put into the mural!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...