Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Monday, May 2, 2016

Two Years Ago..a Mother's reflection

With Mother's Day fast approaching, it got me thinking of my First Mothers Day and how quickly my baby is growing! I wrote a post a year ago.  A note to my baby girl. And as she grows and learns I wanted to tweak it, though the majority still rings true...
Two Years ago I couldn't wait to meet you.  I wondered what you would look like. Would you have Dad's nose? Would you have my eyes? Would you cry a lot or would you be quiet and content?  Would you be a good eater and a good sleeper or would we have countless midnight sing alongs and feedings?
 I would sit in your nursery in your rocker and imagine what it would be like to hold you and rock you to sleep.  Imagining the unknown scenarios of what it would be like to be your Mom. Happy and scared. Would I be good at being your Mom? Would I know what to do?
I did know a few things...
 I would love you more than I could fathom.
Your father and I would be the luckiest parents in the world.
And no matter what, I would always do everything in my power to protect you and make you happy.
Then you got here. And things just fell into place. I learned that you do have my eyes, but you still look just like your Daddy. You were are a very happy baby. Content, but not always quiet. You were always a good sleeper, but that isn't surprising now because you are great at everything you do. You are strong and so capable for such a little peanut.  You are so much fun! You make me laugh. And you make me cry because I was right about those 3 little things.
I love you more than I ever could have imagined
Your Father and I are the luckiest parents in the entire world!
And I will always do EVERYTHING in my power to protect you and make you happy!

Now as your Second birthday quickly approaches, I sit here watching you play and learn imagining what the rest of your life will be like.
Will you do well in school? Will you make friends easily?
Will you be artistic? Or more into sports?
What college will you choose? Will you want to get married and have kids of your own?There are so many questions 
that run through my head. I have dreams for you, big dreams, but I can't wait to see the things you dream of too!
 But those 3 little things? Those will never ever change!

I will ALWAYS Love you more than you can ever imagine, Your Daddy and I will ALWAYS see ourselves as the luckiest parents in the whole world, and Mommy will FOREVER do everything in my power to protect you and keep you happy! 
I love you baby girl! Thank you for making me a Mommy.  You make me so proud!

5 comments:

  1. You'really making me tear up. This is so sweet. Hallie is adorable and you maternity are so pretty. Babies growing up is so bittersweet...you want to see what they will become but you also want them to stay small forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post =) It's so bittersweet to imagine the future, then say a little wish that it doesn't get here too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaawwww.... so sweet Kelly. I try and not dwell on the future too much, I turn into a mushy mess if I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is so sweet!! It's amazing how much Hallie looked like you as a little baby!!! She hasn't changed too much either!! Love all the pictures you all have together!! What a luxury and a gift for both of you! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! Hallie is going to love having these letters year over year.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...