Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Monday, May 16, 2016

Mother in Law Jackpot

Today I am dusting off the 'ol laptop and finally writing a post I have been meaning to write for a week now.  Packing and moving has really gotten the best of me.  Then you throw in working, being a momma and suffering from the worst allergies I have ever experienced, and at the end of the day, I am beat!

Anyway, I wanted to take this post to share with you that I have not only won the lottery of Mother in Law's, but I have hit the jackpot! 

This Mother's day I knew was going to be a bit difficult. We would all be missing Mom, and I wasn't really looking forward to it. Then I heard that sweet Beth was coming in to help us celebrate and that changed. I picked out my very favorite dessert recipe from my Nana, and Beth agreed to help me make them.  

We spent the day figuring out how to make Nana's Italian Cream Puffs and had such a fun time spending time together.  Then Beth, always ever so thoughtful, brought out a gift that still brings tears to my eyes.  

She said she promised my Mom that she would never let Hallie forget her.  She had my father in law print up these adorable night shirts for Hallie and her cousin Matthew.  Even though these shirts were meant for the kids, they were really the sweetest gift I have ever received! 

Beth, you are truly incredible and I am so lucky to have you as my mother in law. 
From the day I walked into your son's life I have felt nothing but welcomed and loved by you. You accepted me into your family with open arms and I feel so blessed.  You are truly the best grandmother and Mother a girl could ask for.  

Thank you for always being so amazing!  You so gracefully accepted the role as my alternate Momma and for that I will be forever grateful!

Hallie and I love you so much!
<3

6 comments:

  1. aww such a sweet post, and it definitely sounds like you won the MIL of all MILs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so sweet. I'm so glad you have an amazing MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so blessed to have you, Kelly. I love you so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, now I am tearing up. That is just the sweetest and will forever be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seriously did get the MIL jackpot! You are truly blessed! She is one sweet lady <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you have an AWESOME MIL to help you through this difficult time and help Hallie remember her grandmother, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...