Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

First Mother's Day Without

This Sunday will be the first Mother's Day I will celebrate without my mom here with me. That doesn't mean that I won't still celebrate her.  We might not have always seen eye to eye, but we had so many good times.  Most people will tell you that I am just like my Dad, but in so many ways I am like her.

When I work way passed Hallie's bedtime planning the perfect birthday party for her, my Mom is there.
When I pick out the perfect touches to each room in our house, Mom's there.
When I read Hallie Mrs. Gigglebelly is coming for Tea or Jillian Jiggs, Mom is with us.

The memories I have with my Mom will live on through Hallie and I.  So this Mother's Day, even though I know I will miss her, I refuse to be sad because I have so much to teach Hallie about her Nana. Happy Mother's Day friends!




10 comments:

  1. What a strong, sweet post!! And what beautiful pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Kelly, she is still with you. Hugs and prayers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sometimes remind me a lot of mom. Mostly dad, but a lot of mom too. You have a good mix. I will be missing her too. But she clearly taught you how to be the fantastic mom you are. I love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right darlin she is here!Love you and I'm so proud of you! MUAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right darlin she is here!Love you and I'm so proud of you! MUAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is there with you through it all. Thoughts and prayers to you my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post, Kelly! Your mom will always be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just know that your mom was and is loved!!! Thank you for sharing such a sweet post. My heart just breaks for you all, but I know she up in heaven smiling down at you all <3 Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be praying for you this week. I love your perspective though - I need to remember it myself when I am sad about things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet! As mother's day approached I was thinking about you and everyone else who has lost their mom. A bittersweet day I'm sure. Will say a few extra prayers for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...