Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Valentine Linzer Cookies

With Valentines Day around the corner, I thought I would re-share my recipe for those Yummy Linzer cookies! I make them this time every year and people just go nuts for them! These cookies are just that good! As soon as someone hears that I have made some, a mob of people (cough...Dad...cough) are salivating and offering up the shirt on their backs just for a taste!!! For the Friends Fans out there...it's like Monica and the candy!
So finally I am offering up this tasty recipe! It is one I found several years ago on Pinterest and have changed and perfected over the years to make it even more delicious!

You ready?

Ingredients for 6 dozen (I know it sounds like a lot, but you can freeze the dough) 

-6 Sticks of Unsalted butter softened (yes my friends call me Paula Deen)
-2 Cups Granulated Sugar
-2 1/4 ts Vanilla
-2 eggs pre-beat
-7 cups of flour 
-1 3/4 ts salt 
-1 jar of your favorite jam (I use raspberry for Valentines Day, but have experimented with Strawberry, Blackberry and Lemon curd) 
-2 cookie cutters of the same shape one large one small
-Powdered Sugar for Dusting
I wasn't kidding!!

Steps: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1. In a large stand mixer or bowl (I mean LARGE) cream the butter and sugar together
2. Add beaten egg, vanilla and salt
3. Slowly add flour cup by cup mixing well after each cup
4.When thoroughly mixed start rolling out dough on a floured surface a little at a time (like I said you can freeze or refrigerate what you don't use)  about 1/4 inch thick.

5. Cut out large hearts first and then cut holes in half of them using the small heart 
6. Add excess dough to unused dough 

7. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned 
8. Cool on wire racks

9. Add jam to whole cookies and top with the ones with hole in center.
10. Dust with powdered sugar


11. Chill until ready to serve.
12. Enjoy!
Hope everyone enjoys this recipe! It is a labor of love but everyone will go bananas over them...seriously! 
<3 Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word… these look so good!! And just when I'm trying my best to detox off sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful!!!! Amazing job girlie!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...