Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Cauliflower Fried Rice

I love me some carbs! It's the reason I was skeptical to try this recipe and the reason I shutter when someone mentions cauliflower pizza crust...I've tried it...no it's not the same...no it's not a close substitute! Give me the thick warm flaky pizza dough and enjoy your cracker thin low carb "crust". This recipe however was different! I almost didn't even miss the starchy goodness of rice!!!
It was simple and you can prepare it with all fresh or frozen Veggies. I did a combination of what I had on hand.


Here's what you need:

1 Small head of Cauliflower Riced in Food Processor (I say a small head because I feel mine made way too much!)
1 1/2 TBS Sesame Oil
2 small Garlic Cloves
1/2 Chopped Yellow Onion
8 oz Chicken or Beef
1 Cup diced Carrot
1 Bag Frozen Broccoli (or any other Veggie)
2 Eggs
Salt and Pepper to Taste
3 TBS Soy Sauce
Chopped Green Onion as Garnish

Gather Ingredients




Pour Sesame Oil Into Wok or pan with the garlic and Meat. Cook Meat Thoroughly.

Cube Meat and add Carrots and Onion
Cook until Onion is clear and carrots become soft
Add Riced Cauliflower and Mix for about 2 minutes while preparing Frozen veggies in Microwave.

Add Frozen Veggies and Mix again.
When all ingredients seem cooked through. Make a hole in center of wok for your eggs.

Crack eggs into the center and scramble in the hole you made.

When the eggs are scrambled, mix them in with the rest of the ingredients and mix in your spices and soy sauce.
Garnish with Green onion.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Omg I have to try this. We've been eating insanely healthy - because of my weight gain - which still isn't helping. But this looks so delicious! Olivia loves rice, so I know she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would've been skeptical without your talk about that pizza crust lol. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the linkup. That looks really good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...