Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Thursday, November 5, 2015

That time I made up a Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

Hi friends! I am so happy that it is almost the weekend! I have a fantastic recipe (if I do say so myself) that you MUST try this weekend! It's a Chicken Pot Pie recipe that I concocted because I was craving it the other day and couldn't find a recipe with homemade crust that I liked! I made it last night and everyone licked their plates clean AND went back for seconds! So here goes:

Ingredients:
For Crust:
1 1/2 C flour
3 TBS Sugar
3 ts Baking Powder
1/2 ts salt
1/2 C butter
2 eggs
3 TBS milk
For Filling:
2 carrots chopped
2 celery stalks chopped
1 yellow onion chopped
3 chicken breasts
your favorite poultry seasoning
1 package of frozen veggies of choice (Another reason I made my own recipe, I hate peas! I went with corn, more carrots, and green beans)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/3 C of whipping cream
(olive oil or butter for pan)

Step 1
Mix dry ingredients for dough together.
Step 2
Cut in butter
Step 3
Add eggs and milk and mix well until dough is formed.
Step 4
Cut dough in half leaving a slightly larger half and a slightly smaller one. Press larger one into a greased pie plate
Step 5
Season chicken and pan fry. Cut into chunks and set aside,
Step 6 
Cook veggies in the same pan until soft.
Step 7
Add chicken back into pan and add the cream of chicken and whipping cram. Mix well.
Step 8
Dump mixture into pie plate and top with remaining dough securing sides and cut middle to vent.
Step 9
Cook for 20-25 (until brown) at 375 Enjoy!

 

3 comments:

  1. Good job lady. I absolutely love pot pie... but the hubby hates it :(. Sometimes I make him eat it anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good, and really looks easy! Thanks for the recipe! I will comment back ­ http://www.oldefashionmom.com/

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...