A Few of my Favorite Things

Monday, October 5, 2015

Countdown to Halloween Week 1

Hello, Happy Monday and Welcome to the first Countdown to Halloween 2015! Check back here for all the details if you missed the announcement! Also make sure to check out my co-hosts blogs (Sweet Turtle Soup, Tickled Pink, Chason' Mason and the Joni Journey) for more Halloween fun!
I am so excited to get started and see all of the fun Fall and Halloween things everyone has been up to! Also for everyone who lives somewhere where you actually get to enjoy Fall weather, changing leaves and gorgeous Fall clothes, don't mind if I sit and drool over your pictures for a while!
Despite not having the Fall weather, we have been having a lot of fun here at the Mock house!

Our Halloween Must Haves:
Last week, I shared some of our Halloween must haves! Hallie has been LIVING in her skeleton PJs and that Hocus pocus shirt with her Vanilla Bean leggings (We got the striped ones, but they are sold out now, boo!) 
 We also have been reading a TON of Halloween themed books! Room on the Broom and Biscuit's Pet and Play Halloween are our two favorites, but here are some others we borrowed from the library!


























































DIY Projects and Crafts:
This is usually my favorite part of any holiday! I love getting crafty! So far we have made Pumpkin Spice Play dough for Playgroup, and my mom's group made fun burlap pumpkins!



Hallie's buddy Luna 
Hallie must be just like Momma, Loves pumpkin everything! She couldn't stop smelling it! 
Our Buddy Bowen!



Fall Recipes:
So far we have indulged in Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Halloween Oreo Brownies and Beer Cheese Soup!


For these suckers, prepare your favorite brownies and drop oreos (or pretty much whatever you want) into the pan before sticking it in the oven...YUM!)  

We of course have so much more Halloween/Fall fun on the way!
What have you been up to!? Grab our Button, and Linkup with us! <3 Kelly
Happily Ever Mock

12 comments:

  1. Can they make the cat cardigan in adult size, please? Haha. As ever Hallie is just too cute. I'll have to check out some of those Halloween books, Mason loves them and I'm pretty sure we've read 'It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse!' a hundred times over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I would for sure wear it! Love that book too!

      Delete
  2. Mmm beer soup! I keep finding total dud recipes. This one sounds good! I'll have to try it. I love all your Halloween must haves! She's so cute in her striped pants and Hocus Pocus top! And, I love that she kept smelling her playdough haha. Aria kept eating the batch I made last Halloween but then would make a disgusted face...then she'd do it all again. Not a quick learner haha.

    Happy Countdown to Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have scented play-doh on our list! :) those burlap pumpkins are super cute and the beer soup sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe Halloween is just around the corner! Love all these ideas!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Halloween must haves! My girls just got matching Halloween pjs and it is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how those burlap pumpkins turned out! And all that food looks delicious. Looks like you guys are having a ton of fun and we're only a few days into October ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the cat shirt! There is the cutest clothes for little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun stuff! That hocus pocus shirt is so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to try this pumpkin spice play-doh! Where did you get the plastic cookie cutters? We need some of those! Beer and cheese soup - yum! A local brewery serves the BEST beer and cheese soup, but I've never tried to make it myself. I may need to try this recipe! What kind of beer did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the fun food and now I am hungry. I was just telling Whitney at Work It Mommy that I have never made home made play dough for my girls. I am kinda shocked by that one myself, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...