A Few of my Favorite Things

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Who, What, When, Where, Why Wednesday with....ME!

It has been a while since I did a Who, What, When, Where, Why Wednesday due to lack of participants. So if you are wanting to join in soon and be a guest, please shoot me an email at kelhof87@gmail.com!

Since it has been a while, and I have some new followers, I thought it would be fun to do WWWWW Wednesday myself, and answer all the questions I have asked all my blogger buddies so that you get to know me a little better...here goes:

Who- Who am I?- I am Kelly.  Wife to Christopher, Mommy to Hallie and Nanny to Cleo and Sadie.  I am also a sister, niece, cousin and friend. I like shopping for my little girl, baking, decorating, taking pictures, reading and spending time with my friends and family!

What- What do I blog about?- Mostly my daughter and my family and friends. I sometimes share the fun things I do with my little girls at work or share recipes I've tried or products I've bought.  Mostly it's your typical Mommy blogger stuff!

When- When Did I start blogging?- I blogged a little shortly after our wedding (Early 2013) but really I picked it up after my daughter Hallie was born.  This is my first blog about our little precious girl.

Where- Where do I live?- I live North of Dallas Texas, in the town I grew up in. It is nice taking Hallie to places I went as a kid and making new memories there with her!

Why- Why do I blog?- To keep track of all the fun things I do with Hallie and document all of her milestones to look back on one day.  It has also been great to join a community of other mommy bloggers! I have "met" some of the most supportive ladies this way! Wouldn't it be fun to plan a trip to get to know your blogging friends in person?!

Now for the fun stuff...all of the extra questions I have asked these ladies....


  • Who is my hero-someone I look up to- I think I would say my Nana.  She was the kindest most gentle lady (okay and let's face it, she was a bit sassy on the inside) who would do ANYTHING for her family! 
  • What one thing would I not be able to live without- Coffee...without a doubt...it keeps me going!
  • 5 people I would invite to a dinner party- Ellen Degeneres, Lauren Graham, Matthew Perry, Sandra Bullock and Jimmy Fallon....can you imagine the laughs?! 
  • My favorite Disney Movie- Beauty and the Beast! Was as a kid and still is now! Love the music!
  • A favorite Childhood memory- I would have to say Christmas Eve's at my Nana's house! The food, the laughs and the tree! She had the most gorgeous tree full of memories! Love it!
  • Food I could never get sick of- PASTA! No question about it! I could eat it at every meal! 
  • Something I could never leave the house without- Sunglasses! The sun gives me the most terrible headaches! 
  • What celeb do I wish was my bestie- Hmm....I would have to say Lauren Graham.. she just makes me crack up! Love her! 
  • Favorite Book-  As a kid it was Little Women, and now I would have to say Nanny Diaries! 
  • Something Surprising About myself- My parents moved out of state when I was 16 an I stayed here in DFW to finish school. I lived with my mom's friend until I graduated.  
  • One important Lesson I want to teach Hallie- That she can have fun without being stuck to electronics.  I want her to learn how to play and have an imagination and become social.
  • If I could go anywhere in the world it would be to- Italy! I want to see where my family is from in Sicily and lay on an Italian Beach! 
  • Favorite thing about Summer- Fireworks on the 4th of July!
  • Which Celeb's closet would I want to raid- Blake Lively! She has the BEST style! 
  • Most rewarding thing about being a parent- When Hallie grasps something I have been trying to instill in her...whether she says a word I've been working on with her or she shares with a friend at playgroup! It just makes me feel warm inside
  • Favorite thing about my hubby- The way he treats me and Hallie.  He is respectful and sweet.  He turns to mush with her, but also is firm on boundaries we have set.  
  • If money were no object I would spend a kid free day- On a beach in California getting my ton on, reading magazines. Then hop a jet to San Fran to spend the rest of the day shopping, dining and sight seeing! 
  • As a child what did I want to be when I grew up- "a painter, a mommy and a "firegirl"- I guess I wanted to help people, have kids and be artistic...2 out of 3 ain't bad!
  • The TV show I could watch reruns of without getting sick of is- Friends! Also Gilmore Girls and How I Met Your Mother 
  • If I could learn one new skill it would be to- sew! I am trying to learn! I want to make all of the amazing dresses I drool over on Etsy!
  • Best Vacation  I have ever been on- This is a toss up...right before I got engaged to Christopher I went on a week long vacation ALONE to San Francisco...it was so fun! I got to see EVERYTHING I wanted to see and didn't have to slow down, I was on my own time.  I learned a lot about myself!  But our Honeymoon to London was equally amazing! Just in a different way! We saw tons of cool things and spent New Years Eve watching fireworks over Big Ben,...it was gorgeous 
  • Bands and Artists on my iPod- OMG! I am so eclectic! I have everything from the Beatles, to Katy Perry, to Otis Redding, to the Spice Girls, to John Mayer, to Norah Jones, to Elton John, to Death Cab for Cutie, to Garbage, to The Bangles...yep!
  • It's date night and I'm hoping my hubby takes me- To a quiet Italian restaurant and then window shopping, then maybe for pie or gelato 
  • My favorite subject in school- Art or English! Something where I could be creative
  • If I could live anywhere in the world it would be-  Hands down San Fran...I just fit there! 
  • Favorite Season- Fall! Only I wish we had a nicer one in TX...one day I am going to Boston for Fall! 
  • Best dish I make- That's hard! I would say soup...I make lots of different kinds, but so far all of the soups I have tried are delish! My fave probably Beer Cheese!
  • Best Advice I have been given- To let things go and enjoy Hallie.  Forget about the laundry or the floors and focus on her! It has helped us develop a close relationship I think.  
  • What would I do with $1000...lol probably splurge on shoes and clothes for me and Hallie! Do you know how many pairs of Freshly Picked I could get!?
  • Favorite Wardrobe Staple- Gap jeans! I can dress them up or down and they fit perfectly! 
  • It's girls night, where am I headed- Dinner..maybe a wine bar, but I'm definitely getting a glass of wine!
  • Favorite thing about myself- I am pretty good at multi tasking and time management.  I can get A LOT done in a short amount of time!
  • Hidden Talent- Does bargain shopping count? I am pretty good at finding amazing deals!
  • Last Movie I saw- I can't remember the last time I went to the movies for me! So Max...with the kids...before that...Maleficent.
  • Dessert I can't get enough of- Pie! Definitely Pie!
  • Favorite Children's Book- Jillian Jiggs...love it! 
  • Favorite thing to do with Hallie- Read...she really loves books! Especially ones with animals! Seeing her face light up when she reads a book about puppies is beyond precious!
  • Favorite shop for clothes- Gap! For sure!
  • Sneakers or Heels- Sneakers! I am more low key.
  • Favorite Room in my home- Hallie's! I worked so hard on it, and so many people helped make it special!
  • Favorite Memory from my wedding-  I kept looking back because my flower girl, Sadie, was trying to flag me down...one of my Bridesmaids had taught her the sign of the cross, and she wanted to show me!
  • Favorite spot in my home town- Probably this teeny creek near my aunt's old house.  We used to go as a kid to feed the ducks! 
  • Favorite ice cream- I know everyone else in TX is freaking out over Bluebell finally coming back, but I'll be eating my Ben and Jerry's half baked!

11 comments:

  1. Thank for sharing "Kelly" with us! Learned a few things about my sweet daughter-in-law. :) Love your blog and
    seeing Hallie growing up and the things that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love following along with you and sweet Hallie! I always love learning more about you. We have so much in common!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved learning so much more about you! And how fun that Hallie gets to go to all the places you went to as a kid too! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think posts like these are so neat. I once heard "If you're not talking to strangers, you're not living your life." from a movie I think. Anyway So I've become that weird person that starts conversations with random people. I love learning more about people

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looooooved reading this and getting to know you better! I just adore you and Hallie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading all these things about you!! I'm so jealous of your honeymoon and getting to see the fireworks over Big Ben on New Year's! That's definitely on my bucket list!! I love seeing the pictures of Hallie (obvi) too!! Where's your favorite place for pasta in DFW?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read all this in your voice! I miss you <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading more about you!! And now you have me craving coffee, wine, pie, beer cheese soup and ice cream!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...