Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Who, What, When, Where, Why Wednesday with Sara

Happy Wednesday friends, and welcome back to another edition of Who, What, When, Where, Why Wednesday! Today I have Sara from My Journey of Doing over to tell us a little more about herself and her blog! I LOVE that Sara, like myself is from Dallas!

Who?- Who are you? Tell my readers a bit about yourself 

 Hi!  I'm Sara - a petroleum engineer turned college counselor.  I run a non-profit organization in one of the largest urban school districts and oversee 12 high schools and a staff of advisers who help 100% of the senior class apply to college!  When I'm not pretending that I'm still 18, I can usually be found with my husband, volunteering with Junior League, or plotting my next vacation. 

What?- What do you Blog about? 
I feel like my blog has been taken over by trying to plan our renovation that actually started this week (finally!) and Travel Tuesday link-ups (because I love to distract myself from all the work that is coming up in August with the start of a new school year) lately. I enjoy trying and sharing new recipes, posting about DIY/decor projects (though admittedly there haven't many of those in anticipation of the remodel!), and bragging on my staff and our students.  I'm constantly resolving to be a better blogger.   

When?- When did you start blogging?
Oh boy.  I've been blogging since the LiveJournal days of 2002. (LIVEHOURNAL! Thanks for that blast from the past Sara!) I've run through quite a few different blogs since then, but this one appears to be here to stay! 

Where? –Where do you live? 
 Dallas, Texas

Why?- Why did you decide to blog
When I started this blog, my then-boyfriend-now-husband had just started his own law firm and we were trying to get it off the ground.  I was still working in oil and gas consulting, and I felt like all I did was work.  I started this blog to try and make myself DO MORE - whether that was baking or cooking, making projects, or getting involved in things outside of work.  I wanted a space that would allow me to embrace more of my creativity and challenge me to quit focusing solely on work. 

Ready to get to know Sara a bit better? Here comes the fun part:

1. What show could you watch reruns of over and over and never get sick of?
 There's not just one.  There couldn't be.  The Newsroom and West Wing are two shows that my husband and I will watch together non-stop.  Aaron Sorkin is a genius and his writing (and high-mindedness) inspires me - where are these newsmen and politicians that he writes about??  I really think we should seek to emulate them to improve our world!  My guilty pleasures are Gilmore Girls and Gossip Girl.  Gilmore Girls because it reminds my mom and me of our relationship and Gossip Girl for Blair's clothes and headbands... and because I wish I looked like Blake Lively. (I am with you on those last 2!)

2. What is your favorite recipe to make? 
My dad's semi-homemade chicken alfredo!  It's easy, tasty, and it's been a part of my life for over 20 years... which is actually kind of ridiculous to think about now.

3. Tell us about your favorite memory from your wedding.  
 Oh my.  So hard to choose.  Let's start with the fact that as soon as the priest said the final words on the last reading, my husband didn't wait for the priest to proclaim us husband and wife, he didn't wait to be told he could kiss the bride, he just went for it.  The photos of my bridesmaids reacting to it always makes me laugh.  There's also a moment that wasn't photographed - but, right before my Matron of Honor walked through the doors of the church during the ceremony, she turned to me and whispered, "You're getting married!"  It was the sweetest thing ever - I doubt she remembers it - but I remember the sheer excitement that she shared with me at that big moment - and it touched my heart.  (Doesn't Sara look gorgeous?! Fun Fact...she got married in one of my favorite Churches!)  

4. What is your favorite spot in your home town?
If you come to Dallas, you HAVE to go to Mi Cocina.  They have the best salsa, the best margaritas, and the best food.  I have a really special place in my heart for Nasher Sculpture Center, and I love the Dallas Arboretum.  If you're coming to shop, NorthPark mall is where it's at now - but don't go on the weekends (unless you get up super early!).

5. What's the best vacation you've ever been on? 
 Impossible, Kelly!  Obviously, the dream trip was our two-week honeymoon to Europe.  We put it off for eighteen months because my non-profit program grew significantly right before we got married.  (Canceling it was SO HARD.  So many tears.)  We finally took it this past April, and it was amazing.  Neither one of us did ANY work (unheard of!) and we spent our days wandering through Italy, France, and Ireland.  It was such a luxury to be able to take two weeks off from work and just enjoy being with each other.  Speaking more practically, we absolutely love Half Moon Bay, just south of San Francisco.  We did our mini-moon there and whenever I'm stressed or overwhelmed, I just think of what it would be like to be there, enjoying the cool weather and the ability to do absolutely nothing but enjoy the beautiful coastline. (I AM SO JEALOUS YOU GOT TO GO TO HALF MOON BAY! Each time I got to San Fran I always think I am going to get out there and never do! Next time!) 

Thanks Sara for joining me today! Y'all don't forget to check out her blog today!
<3 Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Kelly!! You absolutely have to drive down to Half Moon Bay! I found it when I was 18 or so. I picked my cousin (10 at the time) and said, "we are going to the beach!" 30 minutes later, there we were!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a fan of Sara's blog - so great to read more about her! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE sara!!!! this was so super cute and summed her up PERFECTLY :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...