Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Monday, July 27, 2015

Christmas in July

Hallie and I had a wonderful weekend! We got to spend plenty of time with family! Hallie got to see ALL 4 of her grandparents and even some of her friends!

And of course being the 24th and 25th of July (Friday and Saturday) we celebrated Christmas in July! Aside from listening to nonstop Christmas music for 2 days, this is how we celebrated:

On Friday:
Cleo and Sadie still had some business to attend to before we could get to the fun stuff! They had reading to do and some math to practice and what not.  Hallie busied herself reading Christmas books and playing with her favorite Christmas buddies:
Where is Baby's Christmas Present / Frosty the Snowman

I tried to make Math fun by giving the girls Christmas themed word problems

After math, the girls were anxious to watch their favorite Christmas movie! So we curled up with some popcorn!
 Cleo and Sadie both wore red for the occasion


After the movie we baked some cookies

While they were cooling though I had a fun game planned:

Christmas Carol Pictionary:
 I wrote names of Christmas Carols on paper and the girls took turns drawing them out for us all to guess which carol they were drawing! It was hilarious!  Among my favorite guesses was: "No talk Night" (Silent night) Sadie left us in fits of giggles! 
When the cookies cooled, the girls had fun decorating and eating their yummy treats! 

We made a lot more, but my hands were starting to get sticky and covered in frosting! It was a great day though!! 

Saturday:
After some fun playing with her friends, Hallie and I went to downtown McKinney with my parents to have some lunch, do a little shopping and of course we HAD to stop into Emporium Pies for their Christmas in July pies! 


They were super delicious! Hallie loved them of course! 

Hope everyone else had a FANTASTIC weekend! Did you celebrate Christmas in July?
<3 Kelly

7 comments:

  1. Seriously - how fun is this?!? I love the math problems - you are too good - lol!!! I'm also jealous of your cookie decorating adventures - I've been itching to do that for awhile now - I blame IG and all the baking feeds I follow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks! I LOVE baking! Any excuse (especially if it's in someone elses kitchen) I will jump at the chance!

      Delete
  2. I honestly had no clue that Christmas in July was such a big thing!! Glad you guys had some great family time! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! I need to partake in the festivities next year!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Christmas in July ever! I meant to post mine today and completely forgot...too many things not enough brain these days. I thought about making Christmas cookies on the 25th but ended up being way too lazy that day. Too bad it wasn't earlier in the month - I was all sorts of on top of things and energized then. End of the month...I'd just rather sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much fun!!! I love, love, love Elf! Like, I quote it year round and drive my husband nuts love it. :) Hallie look's like she had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...