A Few of my Favorite Things

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Who What When Where Why Wednesday with Danielle






Good Morning! Today I am here with Danielle from Sundaes and Spaghetti learning all about her blog! Make sure you head on over to her page today to learn more about her! Also, keep checking back here for more on Hallie and her birthday! 

1. Who?- Who are you? Tell my readers a bit about yourself
Hi everyone!  I am Danielle and I blog over at Sundaes and Spaghetti.  I'm a 30-something wife to Matt and stay at home mom to Annabelle, our two year old daughter, with girl number two due in September.  Before becoming a mom I taught first grade at a local Catholic school. 

2- What?- What do you Blog about?
I mainly blog about my life as a mom.  The struggles (like, why won't you eat child?!), and the achievements.  I try to keep things real, because let's face it, motherhood is hard!  Reading about others going through similar issues makes it easier.  I also love sewing, crafting and baking, so I try to blog some about that as well.  Here are some fun blocks I made for Halloween.
Now that Annabelle is getting older, I am also trying to throw some educational ideas into the mix.

  3. When?- When did you start blogging?
I had to go back and look at my blog, since I had no idea!  It turns out I published my first post June 16, 2013 (Wow!  I didn't realize I have been blogging for two whole years).  It is crazy to go back and look at some of my first posts.  Check out one of my first pictures!


I think I have gotten a ton better at blogging over the course of two years.  I have made tons of fellow blogger friends as well.  I always wonder if my husband thinks I'm a crazy person when I talk about what all of you are up to. ;)

4.  Where? –Where do you live?
Metro-Detroit, Michigan.  I actually live in the same town I grew up in.  My parents live about a minute away.

 5. Why?- Why did you decide to blog
Hmmmm.... why did I start blogging?  When Annabelle was first born I went back to work to finish off the school year (so I worked for about 2 months).  When summer came, and I was home full time it was a bit difficult.  Part of the reason I started a blog was because it helped keep me sane.  It was also nice to document Annabelle's growth. 
I can't believe how small she used to be!

Now, I like to blog to connect with others.  I also hope my experiences (like when Annabelle had to wear a helmet for brachycephaly [a.k.a. flat head], you can read about on my blog under Annabelle's Journey) can help others going through something similar.



I also asked Danielle some fun random questions to get to know her better, here's what I learned: 

1.  If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live?
Man, I don't know!  It would be super fun to live somewhere tropical, but then we would be so far from family.  Plus, I wouldn't get to experience all four season, which I love (although some years winter could be a tad shorter).  I also think living somewhere tropical would get old.  Honestly I really love Michigan. :)

2. What is your favorite Season?
Hahaha!  As I mentioned above, I love the seasons!  It's actually quite hard for me to choose.  My least favorite season is Spring, I know that much.  I guess my favorite season is fall, since I love everything to do with it.  Football, apple picking, cider and doughnuts, the leaves changing, Halloween.   Love it all!  The weather is usually great as well.  I love jeans and a hoodie weather.
Here are some pictures of Annabelle's first and second trip to the apple orchard.  It is the same orchard I went to as a child, so it's so much fun to go with Annabelle.  I hope I can make it out this year before baby #2 makes her appearance!



3.What is the best dish you make?
This is another hard question!  I don't really have any "special" dishes I make.   A favorite in our house is a spaghetti recipe given to me by Matt's grandfather. We also make pizza once a week and make the dough and sauce from scratch.

4.What is the best advice that you have been given?
I don't remember how it was phrased, but it was something along the lines of "if you were the only Christian someone met, what would that tell them about being Christian".  It helps remind me that I need to try my  hardest  to be kind and courteous to others. 

5.What would you do with $1000?
There are too many options!  Go on a shopping spree, go to JoAnns and buy all the fabric, maybe get my husband a welder.  I may also be a bit more practical and put it in savings, or use it to fix things up around the house. 

Thanks so much Danielle for answering my questions and giving my readers the chance to get to know you! 
<3 Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Living without seasons is overrated - I live in FL. I definitely miss those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really don't think I could live without the seasons (well.... I wouldn't mind if Winter was a bit shorter). ;)

      Delete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...