A Few of my Favorite Things

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Who, What, When, Where, Why Wednesday with Sindi Barker

Hello and Happy Wednesday! This particular Wednesday is such an exciting one for me! Today I am kicking off a new feature called "Who, What, When, Where, Why Wednesday"!

This will be a fun feature for my readers to get to know my favorite bloggers!

I am so excited to introduce you to my close and personal friend Sindi Barker who blogs over at My Infertility Journey.

Sindi is one of the strongest ladies I know and I hope you go check out her blog and follow along with her on this journey.

Here is a little about Sindi:


      Who?- Who are you? Tell my readers a bit about yourself

Hi everyone, my name is Sindi. Im a stay at home wife (yes, we exist haha), a runner, a foodie, a blogger, a lover of dogs, specifically my two fur babies, Chief (6 yr old lab) and Sarge (3 yr old mutt). I was a nanny for 12 years, but retired almost 2 years ago in November. I love cooking, so youll always find me in the kitchen with a glass of wine and a spatula in both hands. Oh and I am a wine lover as well! Yummy to wine!

What?- What do you Blog about?

My blog is about what Im going through with my infertility for the past 3 yrs and odd months. I talk about my everyday life dealing with a dumb disease called PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and a DNA mutation MTHF that prevents me from getting pregnant and staying pregnant. I write about my infertility to try and inspire others that are going through the same thing or have                              gone through it.

 When?- When did you start blogging?
I started blogging specifically about my infertility in November of 2014. But, Ive been a blogger for almost 5 yrs now. My other blogs were about working out and cooking. I do miss talking about my cooking, but I figured I would reach out to more people going through the similar situation Im going through.

 Where? Where do you live?
I was born in Guatemala, but Ive been a Texan since I was 3 yrs old. Thats the age my parents brought me to this beautiful country I call home. I live north of Houston, but I have 2 dream cities I would love to live in; Denver or Austin.
      Why?- Why did you decide to blog
My decision to blog came solely because I needed some type of therapy after I lost my second baby at 18 weeks. As much as I talked to family and friends, just blogging about how I felt made my grieving a little better. Also, I wanted to let others that are going through the same thing, that its ok to talk about infertility and miscarriages. It shouldnt be a taboo thing. It bothers me that society makes it seem like infertility and having miscarriages should be a hush hush thing. Its ok, if you feel that way, but know that you have so many couples out there that have gone through the same thing. You are not alone. So Im hoping that me blogging about my experience, it can help others be more open about it.

Sindi was such a good sport! She also let me ask her some random questions to share with you for fun! 

  Do you have a hero or someone you look up to?
My hero is my dad. Hes gone through so much but somehow he comes out with a huge smile on his face. Hes worked so hard a his life to provide for his family. Hes struggled a lot in life but that doesnt get him down. To me, hes a strong person and a great dad!

  What one thing would you not be able to live without?
Oh my. Thats a tough question! I dont think I could be able to live without a lot of things nowadays, but I would have to say, I couldnt live without my car. It takes me everywhere and anywhere I need to go. Without it, I wouldnt be able to drive to all of my fertility appointments, and they are a lot of appointments each week. At least 2 appointments a week to get blood work and ultrasounds done.

 What 5 people would you have to a dinner party if you could choose anyone dead or alive?
I would definitely want to have Audrey Hepburn, Gerard Butler, Elizabeth Banks, Mark Wahlberg, and of course Bradley Cooper! I would invite them to dinner because that dinner conversation would be a very interesting and funny conversation. Plus, this are all of my favorite actors/actresses.

 What is your favorite Disney Movie?
I have so many, but if I had to only choose one, it would definitely be Cinderella. Ive been obsessed with that movie since I was a little girl. My mom nicknamed me Cinderella because I couldnt get enough of that movie. I still cant! I watched the new Cinderella and LOVED it! Still, the classic is my favorite.

Tell us about a Childhood memory that you have?

I remember one Christmas, I think I was about 10, I woke up on Christmas morning with my little sister and little brother and we ran towards the Christmas tree. We had so many presents under our tree! I had gotten everything I wanted plus more. I had asked for a Rockets basketball (I was a big Rockets fan back in the day), I got a cool bike, and some skates. I was such a tomboy when I was little and would ask Santa for things that girls usually didnt ask for. My sister would always ask for Barbies and girly stuff. After we opened our gifts, we ate breakfast and had a hot drink my mom makes during the holidays, its called, Ponche. Its a Guatemalan hot punch with a lot of different fruits. So yummy! Anyways, thats one of the many memories I have that pop up and puts a smile on my face.

Thank you so much Sindi for answering my questions and for agreeing to be my first guest! Everyone make sure to head over to Sindi's Blog today and check it out! She is such an incredible lady! 

Also if you are interested in being a guest, make sure to email me at Kelhof87@gmail.com

Happy Wednesday,
<3 Kelly

8 comments:

  1. Sindi, sharing a journey that is so personal will be a big help to others going through similar things. I agree that infertility and miscarriages seem to be so taboo, and they shouldn't, so thank you for sharing your journey. I wish you the best in your journey to have a baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love all the support I'm getting! I feel so blessed!

      Delete
  2. Wahoo for week #1 already being here Kelly!

    So nice to meet Sindi. It is so awesome when people can use their blog as therapy for them self but also really help so many others at the same time. And yay for a fellow runner too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo!!! Another runner! :-) thank you so much for the encouragement. It's nice to know I have support from family, friends, and people I've never met. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Nice to meet you as well, Courtney! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving some love :-)

      Delete
  4. Nice to meet Sindi! I think it's so awesome that she is sharing her journey of infertility, it's such a rough road and it helps to know you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia! Thank you so much for getting to know me a little bit about me! I love to be raw and real with what goes on in my life. Like you said, it's nice to know that I'm not alone :) Thank you for the encouraging words!

      Delete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...