Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

One year ago

One Year ago I couldn't wait to meet you.  I wondered what you would look like. Would you have Dad's nose? Would you have my eyes? Would you cry a lot or would you be quiet and content?  Would you be a good eater and a good sleeper or would we have countless midnight sing alongs and feedings?
 I would sit in your nursery in your rocker and imagine what it would be like to hold you and rock you to sleep.  Imagining the unknown scenarios of what it would be like to be your Mom. Happy and scared. Would I be good at being your Mom? Would I know what to do?
I did know a few things...
 I would love you more than I could fathom.
Your father and I would be the luckiest parents in the world.
And no matter what, I would always do everything in my power to protect you and make you happy.
Then you got here. And things just fell into place. I learned that you do have my eyes, but you still look just like your Daddy. You were are a very happy baby. Content, but not always quiet. You were always a good sleeper, but that isn't surprising now because you are great at everything you do. You are strong and so capable for such a little peanut.  You are so much fun! You make me laugh. And you make me cry because I was right about those 3 little things.
I love you more than I ever could have imagined
Your Father and I are the luckiest parents in the entire world!
And I will always do EVERYTHING in my power to protect you and make you happy!
Now as your first birthday quickly approaches, I sit here watching you play and learn imagining what the rest of your life will be like. But those 3 little things? Those will never ever change!

13 comments:

  1. This is so sweet!! She's seriously a doll! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is the cutest! I love the purple picture! First birthdays are a lot of fun but bittersweet at the same time-they grow up too fast--we're almost to number two here!

    'Tis Our Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It goes so fast is crazy!

      Delete
  3. I seriously feel the love!!! ANd the cuteness is unreal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet post and so many beautiful pictures too :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Love this post. I recall those days of wondering. And I guess they never go away. What will 3 be like...what will 10 be like. Oh man I can't even go beyond...too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so sweet! I cried! These are beautiful words. She is not lucky, but blessed to have you both as her parents and vice versa. Luck has nothing to do, but God's beautiful plan ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sindi! I was crying writing it! She's too big, I am not ready to have a toddler!

      Delete
  7. My niece is the sweetest little girl ever and I love her more every day. And you are a great mom. You truly are.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...