A Few of my Favorite Things

Monday, May 4, 2015

It must have been the full moon!

Have you ever had one of those days where you feel like you are cursed? Where everything you touch crumbles, and you have to check the calendar to make sure it's not Friday the 13th? Well that was my WHOLE weekend!

If you don't remember, on Friday I was VERY excited to have my first girl's night away from Hallie since October! Not to mention I haven't had more than an hour or so away from her since January (but this only included time for me to get chores done or go to work to take care of other kids minus mine) so this really was a MUCH needed break!

On Friday evening I am leaving work giddy excited to get a yummy dinner and try a new swanky dessert place in Dallas with my bestie, when I get in the car to our check engine light on...GREAT! I immediately called my husband who kindly suggested that I still go out, but have my friend Joyce pick me up, and he'd work on the car. So I agreed and called Joyce. We made plans to do something closer to home (since she was already in Dallas it didn't make sense for her to be driving back and forth so many times!) While waiting on Joyce, Christopher discovered that all was fine with the car and that it needed just a small repair that didn't affect the safety or performance of the vehicle, AWESOME! So I was calling Joyce to let her know all was good and that I could still meet her if she wanted to, and the poor girl informed me that she had gotten in a minor wreck! I felt just TERRIBLE! Thankfully she was okay, but we decided to reschedule our night out for another night. This freed Christopher up to head out to his fishing trip a few hours earlier than expected, so it was just me and Hallie! After putting her to bed, I decided not to let the night's unfortunate events get me down and planned to take Hallie to one of my favorite brunch spots in the morning!

On Saturday morning, I decided to pull up the menu to this restaurant, and came to find that they had closed! Super bummer! So I made some pancakes and sausage for me and the little miss.


Later in the afternoon I packed up all of the groceries I bought to make a nice meal for Christopher's Mom and family for an early Mother's day celebration! I got all of the ingredients to a pesto sauce in my Father in Law's food processor and clicked it on....nothing happened...I switched the plug to the outlet where I was charging my phone...again nothing... Okay so it's a defective food processor. I decided to pull out the blender. Which I can only find half of! My sweet mother in law then steps in and tries to help me think out a new plan.  What about the blender in the bar she suggests! Good thinking, I tried that and it was rusted...darn! So my Mother in Law calls my Brother in law who lives close by and asks if we can borrow his blender. He agreed and my mother in law was back with it in no time! I transfer all of the ingredients over and go to turn on the blender....which starts smoking! If you are keeping count this is now the 4th attempt to get my pesto sauce blended! So now my Mother in Law get's creative. She puts 1/2 of the ingredients in my Father In Laws Magic Bullet  which is small so we would have to do it in steps. She turns it on...NOTHING! You can't make this up! We again try my phone in the outlet, and it works great! WHAT THE HECK! One more call to my brother in law who is kind enough to bring over his food processor over. We transfer the ingredients....and....IT WORKS! I about died! After 6 attempts, we were finally cooking!
Pesto Cream Sauce

We had a nice meal, and as we were leaving my mother in law points out the giant FULL MOON! Well no wonder!
I also made a Bolognese Sauce
My brother in law also made a Focaccia Bread which thanks to our late dinner everyone snacked on! 
He also made a yummy Tiramisu
Sunday my bad luck didn't stop! I went to get Hallie's formula and my Similac check got stuck in the check machine and took the attendant 10 minutes to get it out.  Then last night Hallie and I both had middle of the night allergy attacks and couldn't sleep! We are running on empty this morning!
So that was my weekend, how was yours?
<3 Kelly

14 comments:

  1. Those are the prettiest pancakes I've ever seen! Mine just looks like blobs and yours are gorgeous spring shapes - so cute! Thanks for dropping by to Mingle today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh sorry to hear your friday night didn't go as planned - but I'm sure Hallie loved having you home! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate days like those! I probably would have gave up after the third attempt and just ordered pizza:) it looks good though!

    'Tis Our Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That was our plan if my brother in law didn't have a food processor or if that didn't work! I just hated for all of those ingredients to go to waste though!

      Delete
  4. oh man!!! That sucks… Hey at least everyone's healthy right?!
    Hope this week is better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Kelly, Thank you so much for the wonderful food and going through so much to do something so nice for me. I love you. P.S. It WAS the moon.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so so welcome! We had such a great time with you! And it was for sure the moon!

      Delete
  6. All of those meals look so delicious! I love the different shaped pancakes, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless your heart! So sorry about your girls night... but that means you get 2 girls nights this weekend... right?? So sweet of you to go through so much to make your mo in laws Mothers Day perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh bummer about your girls night!! I hope that you rescheduled it for sometime SOON! And crazy about the blender situation! I would have given up after 4 tries and ordered take out, ha ha! You are seriously a dream of a daughter in law!
    Hope the allergies are under control and you girls are feeling much better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! We're feeling much better today!

      Delete
  9. We all have days like that! I'm thankful that the good days are there too! :) Thanks for linking up with Tuesday Talk! I'd love for you to stop by my site - I'm one of the co-hosts and am giving away a great Mother's Day inspired prize! Check it out: www.sarahefrazer.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I'm so sorry! I feel like such a horrible friend! I didn't know this all happened. I've been so involved in my own little world. I hate that this all happened to you. I wish I lived 4 hours closer so we could definitely have a bottle of wine and Russo's! I love you! I hope your week is going better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha oh man, that is the worst of the worst!!! All the things!!! You poor thing. I got a new blender for my bday which was in March so not that long ago, and I went to use it a couple weeks back and I clicked the button and it started for a sec then died. I was like really I killed the blender already. Turns out I didn't kill the blender but I blew out all the electric on that circuit or whatever you call that in electrical speak. But hey at least I didn't kill the blender =) Sometimes you just have to laugh though, I can't believe you had to try so many times to make the pesto. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...