Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Calapitter

My little Sadie girl at work found a Caterpillar after a rain storm on Monday.  Or "Calapitter" if you ask her! Being Sadie she of course decided to keep it as a pet and emptied out an old fish tank, gathered some leaves! 
(Curse, I only had my phone with me!) Here she is showing it to Hallie

After a little research we found out that "Calapitter" was an "Eastern Tent Caterpillar"  and will become a moth. She was a little bummed that it wouldn't become a pretty butterfly, but kept it anyway excited to see it's transformation!
Already by Tuesday, that little guy had already made himself a cocoon, which made her even more excited to watch it turn into a moth!
 
Proud "Calapitter Momma!" 
Hopefully soon I'll have some updated pictures of Sadie's little moth friend!
Happy Thursday! <3 Kelly

 

7 comments:

  1. Is it totally crazy that I had no idea that catepillar's turned to moth's? I thought they only turned to butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't realize it either;) and moths totally scare the crap out of me--they are creepy but I love butterflies lol!

      Delete
    2. Lol no! Who cares about moths! Lol

      Delete
  2. How fun would that be to watch! Can't wait to see more pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute =) I don't think I'd let Aria bring in a calapitter though. Esp if it would be a moth, creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! Sadie has gotten so big!! I love that she's not scared of insects and bugs :) I love that kids call them calapitters. super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...