Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Famous Valentine Linzer Cookie Recipe

(Disclaimer to family and friends reading this: You will get your cookies in due time, but this batch I made for play group! There is plenty of dough left! Patience!)

Excuse my disclaimer! These cookies are just that good! As soon as someone hears that I have made some, a mob of people (cough...Dad...cough) are salivating and offering up the shirt on their backs just for a taste!!! For the Friends Fans out there...it's like Monica and the candy!
So finally I am offering up this tasty recipe! It is one I found several years ago on Pinterest and have perfected over the years to make it even more delicious!

You ready?

Ingredients for 6 dozen (I know it sounds like a lot, but you can freeze the dough) 

-6 Sticks of Unsalted butter softened (yes my friends call me Paula Deen)
-2 Cups Granulated Sugar
-2 1/4 ts Vanilla
-2 eggs pre-beat
-7 cups of flour 
-1 3/4 ts salt 
-1 jar of your favorite jam (I use raspberry for Valentines Day, but have experimented with Strawberry, Blackberry and Lemon curd) 
-2 cookie cutters of the same shape one large one small
-Powdered Sugar for Dusting
I wasn't kidding!!

Steps: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1. In a large stand mixer or bowl (I mean LARGE) cream the butter and sugar together
2. Add beaten egg, vanilla and salt
3. Slowly add flour cup by cup mixing well after each cup
4.When thoroughly mixed start rolling out dough on a floured surface a little at a time (like I said you can freeze or refrigerate what you don't use)  about 1/4 inch thick.

5. Cut out large hearts first and then cut holes in half of them using the small heart 
6. Add excess dough to unused dough 

7. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned 
8. Cool on wire racks

9. Add jam to whole cookies and top with the ones with hole in center.
10. Dust with powdered sugar


11. Chill until ready to serve.
12. Enjoy!
Hope everyone enjoys this recipe! It is a labor of love but everyone will go nuts over them...seriously! 
<3 Kelly

10 comments:

  1. omg YUM!! i dont blame your dad for wanting these cookies! they look so good. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh helllllllo! These look and sound delish!! I have to admit, I hate baking, but these are tempting enough to get me in the kitchen and start baking! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be still my heart!! These look and sound wonderful!! I can't wait to try these soon. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look SO good and how pretty for Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound amazing, and look beautiful! I feel like if i made these people would want to know what bakery I purchased them from they look that good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello butter! How could they not be fabulous with all of that butter?! Those are beautiful too!

    Love the friends reference :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum yum yum! And they are so pretty. I'm pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word. I am remembering this for next Valentines Day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recipe! Some cookies just need lots of butter... besides there are 7 cups of flour... it all evens out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...