A Few of my Favorite Things

Friday, January 2, 2015

6 Months of Hallie Anne

Really?! 6 months has really flown by (and I am posting this late, so it's more like 6 months and 1 week and 1/2!) I seriously cannot believe it's been that long! Then again it's all been a blur and looking back at the same time:
This does feel like ages ago...(PS look at all of that SUPER DARK HAIR!)

Anyway, Hallie is half a year old and I am blown away by how much one teeny tiny human can change your life! And the amount of love I have for her is unreal! She's the most fun and I want to hold on to this forever! 

 All About Hallie this month-
This is Hallie doing her best Vanna White impression!
  • Age- 6 months! (Really?!)
  • Weight-  11 lb. 13 oz! The nurse had me so excited thinking we were on the curve finally...alas, she was wrong!
  • Length- 25 1/4 inches! Still long and skinny
  • Size- Size 1 Diapers! Onesies- 0-3 or 3 month!  Pants- 3 month! PJs 0-3 or 3 month mostly! Sometimes I will let her wear the 6 month ones (mainly because we got a bunch of new ones for Christmas) but they are still a tad to big, but it's okay, PJs are supposed to be big, right! Plus, the length on the 3's are just right, so pretty soon, we will be busting out of those! 
  • Eyes- Still blue! Yay!!! 
  • Hair- Light brown! And finally starting to grow back some!
  • Sleeping- 10-12 hour stretches at night! (Generally 7pm to 6 or 7 am) Usually takes 3 small naps during the day! 
  • Eating- We just in the last few days moved up to 26 oz a day divided into 5 feedings a day! She has also started solids so far we LOVE: Oatmeal Strawberries, Lemon, Carrots and Green Beans LIKE: Apples and Pears and HATE: Peaches!
  • Milestones- Rolls both ways...everywhere! Is still scooting, but getting so close to crawling! We are even rocking back and forth on our knees now! Sitting with no help!! She is now VERY good at it since Christmas! Loves to stand and will even try and hold herself up on the ottoman, and pull herself up to standing when you are holding her, which is her new favorite thing to do!! She pretty much only wants to be held so she can use you as leverage to stand! lol Still babbling a ton! Still drooling and teething! Loves to shove anything in her mouth! In fact, the day after Christmas my chin became a new teething ring and I am embarrassed to say that she left a hickey...nice I know! 
  •  Memorable outings- Mock Family Christmas, meeting SANTA, Houston Children's museum with Aiden and Easton, Playgroup! (Not outings, but celebrating Christmas and New Years!) 
  • Favorite toys/activities- Still loves ceiling fans and mirrors! Loves her turtle which we have named Dewy! The Taggie elephant and princess dolly she got for Christmas are her new favorites! Also: Puppets and loves books! A girl after my own heart! We read before bed every night! She got a Children's Bible for her Baptism, and we always do that before bed with a prayer. Also loves the rhymes we do at story time! Particularly (Tick Tock,Horse named Ron and Patty Cake!) Loves to play with Stella.  DANCING! She loves to shake it! Especially with Daddy! She also really enjoys listening to music and oh...did I mention standing? Girl can even walk while holding your hands...as long as she isn't on tile!
  • Words/sounds- Imitating sounds a little. Has started saying "Ooh Ooh" to herself usually in the mirror or sometimes to her BFF the ceiling fan and I swear she tries to say: Hey, Mom and Dad..but I am probably crazy 
  • Nicknames- I call her sweet pea, peanut, peanut butter, sweet girl or Hal...Daddy likes to call her Daniel son when I put headbands on her...but other than that sticks to a generic sweetie or cutie!
  • Funny moments- The post Christmas Hickey and oh pretty much every day with this kid! She loves to laugh! 
  • Looking forward to- savoring each and every moment these next 6 months! Please God, please, let them not fly by!
Now enjoy the 6 month photos our friend Larissa took of my little peanut (and her daughter Luna, Hallie's BFF! Oh and that's me in the Pointe shoes...please don't critique my skills, lol it's been a while!) 







8 comments:

  1. You forgot one thing! She makes Ms Sindi very very happy!!! I can't believe she's already 6 months! My nephew turned 1 today! Aaaaah! I don't like it that time is flying right past us. Enjoy every minute of that sweet little cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! She loves you too!!! Happy Birthday to your nephew and we cannot wait until next weekend!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh she is just too precious!! I LOVE the pics, and I love how you did the ones with you in the pointe shoes, beautiful! I used to dance too, I LOVE dancing en pointe but it's been a really long time for me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! It was fun bringing back some of my old skills!

      Delete
  3. Omg, you are so lucky that she sleeps that long at that age. Kennedy was 10 months old before she started sleeping through the night consistently! Love the tutu pics! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has always been a good sleeper! 6-8 hour stretches since 6 weeks old! It's insane! And thank you! Love her!

      Delete
  4. 6 months!! She's so big! And I can't believe she's sitting up already! So strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! And trying to walk ALL over the place! All she wants to do is hold our hands so that she can walk around the room!

      Delete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...