A Few of my Favorite Things

Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Day I Found Out

Today marks one year since I found out I was pregnant with Hallie Anne! In a sense I have had her for a whole year today! I remember getting in my car to go to school that morning and smelling something that smelled strongly like clean laundry! (Fun Fact, I don't usually do our laundry, I do Hallie's though) So I am smelling my clothes, trying to figure out if it was a different detergent that Christopher had bought.  Finally I remembered that Scentsy air freshener I had bought for my car months ago, that no longer smelled, that I hadn't bothered to remove was "Clean Breeze" scent and supposed to smell like laundry.  

OMIGOSH! I thought there is no way I would have normally smelled that! I need to take a pregnancy test! Unfortunately my day was super busy with no time for stops.  At that point in time I was driving an hour to and from school each way.  
So all day at school I'm antsy, I go to pick up my girls at school and I am bursting with excitement! 
Now, that evening I was supposed to have my sister and cousin over to carve pumpkins, and I didn't want to cancel, especially if this was all a fluke (the Dr had said it might take a while), so I swung by a drugstore as fast as I could on my way home from work. I couldn't wait any longer it had been 12 hours since I first suspected it!
When I got home I got dinner ready super quick and took the test! I could hardly contain my excitement when it came back positive! Before I had time to digest the news, Katie and Hannah arrived! We ate dinner and carved pumpkins and the whole time I am just dying to blurt out the news.  But I wanted to tell Christopher first and he wasn't home yet! 
As soon as he did get home, I excused myself to write a little note for him to hand to him with the pregnancy test as soon as Katie and Hannah left.  BTW! No offense girls! But I couldn't wait for you to leave!!! Ha!! Seriously though even though I was having fun and love my girls, I couldn't hold the news in any longer! So when Christopher went out to walk them to their cars, I breathed a sigh of relief and ran to get my note! 
Needless to say, he was so excited! In a way it feels like it has been much longer than a year.  The horrible pregnancy itself seems like it was a year long! But I can also remember the exact way I felt when I read that test, just like it was yesterday.  That's the day I became Hallie's Mom.


17 comments:

  1. That is such a cute story and amazing that you knew just by your sense of smell!!! I love the note - really cute way to tell him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! It was insane that my sense of smell kicked in so soon!

      Delete
  2. Awe!! This is the sweetest! I love hearing/reading about how others found out they were pregnant!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a special day!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful story. It's amazing how you remember that day vividly. I had no signs, nothing, the only reason I knew I was pregnant was because the belly kept growing lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh how funny! we wanted it so bad that I swore I was making up signs!

      Delete
  4. Awwwww.... love this! Love hearing these kind of stories.... sorry you had an awful pregnancy!! My first was tougher than my second though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! that's good to know because I'm terrified to do it again!

      Delete
  5. Such a fun memory!! It was like Christmas morning - the best day ever. That, and Olivia being born, are my favorite days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, and the day we found out she was a girl! amazing!

      Delete
  6. Awww! What a great day! I remember each of ours too...Christmas Eve, moving day and Father's Day!! How fun! I love this idea for a post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun that they were all in special days!

      Delete
  7. Such a sweet story Kelly. Hallie has a wonderful mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is so sweet! And so funny that you just had to sit on it for that long, I'd have gone nuts. Sorry the pregnancy was tough though =(

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...