Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Shake Your Tail Feathers

I was lucky enough to have my husband home on paternity leave the first 2 weeks of Hallie's life.  The days passed quickly though and by the 3rd week, he had to return to work. 
 So, here I was a brand new mommy alone with my baby girl for first the time trying to get her on a schedule and keep the house in good shape as well.  Towards the end of the week I had a pretty good schedule down and was folding clothes one day in the living room after getting Hallie down for a nap.  I was just thinking to myself "Wow, way to go Momma!, you got this! You're like Super Mom! The baby is asleep, the floors are vacuumed and mopped, the kitchen is clean and I'm folding the... When all of a sudden a loud chirping interrupted my thoughts.
Before I could figure out where it was coming from, a bird shot out of our fireplace and started flying frantically around my house.  Having visions of bird poop all over my freshly cleaned house, I panicked! I grabbed a mop from our utility closet and started chasing it around the house.  
When the darn thing flew into Hallie's room I started fuming! It landed on the windowsill and I ran after him (I'm just assuming here) yelling at  him in a hushed voice (Mom's you know how that goes) "If you wake up that baby, I'll whack you!" I finally shooed him out of her room and shut the door behind me, miraculously without waking Hallie! 
I continue running around like a chicken with my head cut off, mop raised above my head, closing doors behind me so that I could keep him (again just assuming) in the main part of the house where I had both front door and back door open and waiting.
Finally after about 20 minutes the bird found the back door, and I slammed it after him praying to never do that again....FAST FORWARD to last Friday.
Hallie was down for her morning nap and I had just stepped out of the shower when I heard Stella barking her head off from her crate! Assuming the worst I ran out to the main part of the house in just my towel to see ANOTHER damn bird (PROBABLY THE SAME TROUBLE MAKER!) flying around my house! SERIOUSLY! You can't make this stuff up!
This time I got smart, and the FIRST thing I did was close Hallie's bedroom door, followed by the rest of the doors in the house. Then I ran to our bedroom and put on my bathrobe, closing that door after me.  I grabbed the same mop and started chasing him (It was most certainly a he) around, trying to usher him toward the open back door.  I was seriously a sight to see. Wet hair, bathrobe, mop raised running after a BIRD like a crazy person! Yelling all the while! 
Let me tell you something....birds are dumb.  This bird flew into 2 windows and a mirror before he finally found the open door another 20 minutes later!
Luckily I escaped both experiences without having to clean up bird poop...just some feathers!
I hope you never have this experience at your house, but if you do know 2 things.
1.) It will happen when you are the only one home and  your kids are asleep and
2,) Your husband will laugh when you tell him about it!
<3 Kelly 

18 comments:

  1. OMG. I always am worried someone will break in my house while I'm in the shower and I will have to fight HIM off naked... but a bird?! I cant imagine!! Good for you for getting HIM out of the house without waking the baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? And twice!!! lol Thank you! I hope never to do that again!

      Delete
  2. I hope you can laugh about this now - but seriously I was just envisioning you running around the house with a mop!! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birds scare the crap out of me so I would have died! Goodness though this made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now have an intense hatred for birds! lol!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the bird tips! And yes, everything always happens when the husband is gone! I found a dead rooster in our yard one afternoon and had to figure out how to dispose of it because my husband was away on business all week. Just as an FYI for anyone else finding a small dead animal in their yard, animal control said that you just need to "double bag it" and put it in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birds are dumb! That's why they say it is being "bird brained"!!!
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha!! Would have freaked me out a bit :-s

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laughed so hard at this post! I would be so terrified if one flew in my house! Way to go getting him outta there without waking the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!!!!! Hilarious (now, at least)!! Glad it all worked out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, Thank you! So glad I got it out!

      Delete
  9. Make sure Christopher closes the chimney flew (sp?) so you don't have to go through that again. LOL! You are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have anything to block it off...I just closed the screen really tightly...not sure if that will help or not though!

      Delete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...