Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Monday, October 27, 2014

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Good morning friends! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! If you are an avid reader of my blog, than you know I made a huge change over the weekend! On Saturday I cut 8 inches off of my hair to donate in honor of my mother to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths.  
If you haven't read about my Mom's journey, you can do so here: http://initforthelonghaulbarb.blogspot.com/

I knew when my parents sat me down a few month's before my wedding and told me that my mother's cancer had returned, that I wanted to donate my hair.  So I started growing it just a few months after our wedding and finally now, it was long enough! Thank goodness by the way, because this 4 month's postpartum shed has been driving me insane! Momma's, can I get an Amen?

I made an appointment with my stylist, Tiffany with Shears To You and My parent's came with me to watch the change (okay, my Dad mainly came to hold the baby, he's not a fan of the short hair thing!) But I was so happy to have my Mom there! It really meant a lot!

Here are the pictures of my transformation:

Before, can you tell my hair was in a pony? lol

Here's the big cut!
 Love Tiffany, girl cracks me up!
8 inches, gone!!!
Here is the finished look! I LOVE it! Thanks Tiffany!!!



Best picture of the day!(Which is why I saved it for last!) My Mom and I! 

I know My mother is going through a rough and scary time, and I was so thankful that she came with me! If you would keep my Mother in your thoughts or prayers, we would be thankful! She starts the process of a new treatment tomorrow! 
I love you Mom!
<3 Kelly


30 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sweetie! I Love You, Too! And, your shorter hair style is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!! Such a sweet gesture...you look beautiful. I am ready to do this too! Did it two years ago, and ready again. Great job, brave friend <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! It's such a great thing! I recommend it to anyone! Can't wait to see your pics!

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks great! I wish I could pull off the short look, but I just look like a 10 year old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And please, I am sure you would look great no matter what!

      Delete
  4. The cut looks great and a great thing to be able to donate to someone in need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet!! And your hair looks great! Definitely worth putting up with the pp hair loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it feels so much better!

      Delete
  6. Your hair looks amazing! You are so sweet for doing this and donating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much! I have always loved having short hair!

      Delete
  7. Your hair is SO cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new style! That's a big change going for the short cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big all at once yes! Luckily I've already had it sorry before, so I knew what I was in for!

      Delete
    2. What a touching gesture to honor your beautiful mother. And, your haircut is precious!!!

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much! Love my other mother too!

      Delete
  9. Awwww... You look amazing! And for such a good cause too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! She did a great job!

      Delete
  10. Love the new haircut and the reason behind it. How special it was that your mom came with you. Will keep you and your mom in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We appreciate that so much, thank you!

      Delete
  11. Praying for your mom! What a wonderful thing to do to honor her! Love the short hair, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...