Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Countdown to Halloween Week 2: Costumes of the past!

Linking up with Sweet Turtle Soup today for the Countdown to Halloween! Y'all should too!

Sweet Turtle Soup
My favorite part of Halloween you ask? The candy? No! The decorations? Not a chance! It's absolutely the costumes! I LOVE watching the little kids dressed up as witches and skeletons, fairies and ninjas! But planning my costume is the absolute BEST! In fact I have been known to prowl the internet Halloween night to get an idea for my costume for the following year!

So, while I leave you guessing what our Halloween costumes will be this year, I thought I would share some of my costumes of the past!

The first year Christopher and I were together, we dressed up as a devil and an angel.  I was the devil of course, because isn't Halloween about dressing up in a costume far from your true personality? (Lol, honey, I kid, I kid!)













The 2nd year we were together, I dressed up as a Playboy Bunny and Christopher was Hugh Hefner...lol, aren't theme costumes the best?! Fun Fact, My nephew was born the day before this Halloween party! I remember my Mom was with my older sister, so my little sister and I went all over town searching for a captain's hat for Christopher to wear (PS sorry I don't have any couples pictures to share!)
 The following year I had a History exam on Halloween and couldn't dress up...super lame right!? What kind of professor gives an exam on Halloween!? Seriously! But the year after that, I went as a Flapper and Christopher went as a Mobster...that was the last Halloween I could convince him to dress up with me too! 
This next year might have been my favorite costume ever! Note the shoes, because a lot of work went into making this the best Minnie Mouse costume ever! 
Since Christopher didn't want to dress up with me anymore, I got a puppy to dress up with me! This was the year we dressed as Christmas Elves! I actually had my aunt take pictures of us in our costumes and used them for festive Christmas cards that year for family and friends! lol Stella is a good sport!
(Please excuse my sister's messy room in this picture, she is in theater and I was borrowing lace gloves from her to finish this costume! I also had her snap the pic)

This was my throwback to the 80's costume.  I also made Stella a neon tutu and bought neon blue hair fur dye. But she  was scared of it! lol
 
The year we were married (actually this was 10 days before our wedding) I went as little Red Riding Hood! My intentions were to get Stella to be my wolf...but I didn't have time (given extra wedding chores) So she just posed for a picture with me!


Last year I went as Mary Poppins (I even had a teeny tiny peanut Hallie hiding in my tummy)

This is another one of my favorite costumes! This year instead of begging Christopher or forcing Stella to dress up with me, I had my sister and cousins over to watch the Pretty Little Liars Halloween Special and we all dressed up and ate Halloween themed food! yummy! There was even talk of a "Boo-rrito" Guess who thought that one up!?

Ps If anyone was counting, this will make year 10 of Halloween's Christopher and I have been together! Crazy right?!
So...Hallie has a question for you guys....
 "Any idea what Mommy and I will be for Halloween this year?"
Leave your thoughts in the comment section (Family members who know the answer...shh!)
<3 Kelly and Hallie!

21 comments:

  1. haha! That is so neat that you have all of those old costume pics- good ones by the way! My favorite line of this post however is "Since Christopher didn't want to dress up with me anymore, I got a puppy to dress up with me!" Can't wait to see this years! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks! I have been so excited to share it!

      Delete
  2. Look at all these costumes - I love the flapper one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your costumes are the best! I've been more of the half@ss it costume. That is so fun. You're a rock star Halloween costume-er. Um my guess is... Dorothy from wizard of Oz!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Good guess, I do like the wizard of Oz!

      Delete
  4. I love the flapper costume too!! How fun are you! I can't think of what you might be! There are a lot of Dr. Seuss costumes...will your costumes "go together"? Cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, we have a theme! I'm so excited!

      Delete
  5. My favourites are the flapper and red riding hood... you have some serious talent, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your costumes are awesome! Love how into Halloween you are!! Pretty excited to see what you do this year and if you coordinate with your sweet daughter! Thanks for linking up with us again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have coordinating costumes! Thank you, I'm so excited!

      Delete
  7. Wow! Those are some great costumes, and I love how energetic you are about dressing up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the costumes and can't wait to see what you and Hallie dress up as this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your costumes are so awesome!
    Since the addition of our little man I've insisted on themed costumes for the whole family. While my husband isn't always on board, he humors me for a few minutes so we can at least snap a picture - then he promptly removes said costume and returns to his boring old tee shirt and jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! That's really nice... maybe one day! Lol

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness I cant wait! I love costumes as well - and always go homemade. I wish I had more pictures of them though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade are always the best! Can't wait to see Olivia's costume too!

      Delete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...