A Few of my Favorite Things

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

4 months of Hallie Anne


I just can't believe my baby is 4 months already! I know I say that every time she turns another month older, but holy cow! Hallie Anne, the main reason I blog is you! I want you to be able to look back on your day to day life as a little one and be able to see all the fun we had and see how much mommy loves you. So here is a little note for Big Kid Hallie-
        Dear Hallie Anne, 
Well October 21st has come and gone and 1/3rd of your first year of life has flown by in a blink of an eye!  While it feels like just yesterday that Daddy and I were welcoming you into our lives, oohing and aahing over your thick dark hair, big blue eyes and teeny tiny fingers and toes, in some ways I feel like I have known you forever! The squeaky noises you make, that HUGE smile you have, and those same big blue eyes that stare up at me feel like home.  You and Daddy and our lives together is what I always wanted, what I have been dreaming of my whole life! You were the piece that was missing and now  that I've found you, I don't need anything else.
You make your Daddy and I so happy! Everyone who meets you instantly loves you! You have this way of lighting up any room and making anyone smile! You are the happiest baby! You smile and giggle all the time! 
I love watching you learn and experience new things, you are constantly exploring!  I feel so blessed that God chose me to be your mommy! I am one very lucky mommy to be able to call such a sweet, beautiful, happy, smart baby girl my daughter! 
Mommy loves you and I know that you are growing into an amazing little person! Happy 4 months little peanut!
Hugs and Kisses,
-Mommy
 

Here is some more about Little Miss Hallie Anne-
  • Age- 4 months!
  • Weight-  10 lb. 2 oz! Finally double digits and finally bigger than her Daddy was when he was born!
  • Length- 23 inches! She is a long skinny girl!
  • Size- We are still in newborn diapers and mostly newborn onesies.  I have been putting some of the 3 month pants on her because of her length, but usually they are a bit big in the waist! She is just sooo skinny! Now with her PJs, I just pulled out a lot of the 0-3  and 3 month ones  for her length! She is just so LONG! 
  • Eyes- Still blue! I hope they stay blue! They are just darling! BIG BLUE inquisitive eyes!
  • Hair- Brown, but seems to be getting lighter. She also has her Daddy's cowlick!
  • Sleeping- 10-12 hour stretches at night! (Generally 7pm to 6 or 7 am) Usually takes 3 small naps during the day! 
  • Eating- Aside from the night we still eat every 3 hours.  She is on formula and takes 3-4 ounces at a time. The Dr said that she can start rice cereal as soon as she finishes her formula switch (we are switching to a more sensitive one) so updates on that to come!
  • Milestones- We have rolled! Several times from belly to back! She is getting VERY close at back to belly, but hasn't quite made it over yet! I also swear this  girl is trying to figure out the crawling thing! She is getting really good at practicing sitting! She will also try to pull herself to a standing position when she is i my lap! She is babbling more and more, and putting every toy she sees straight in her mouth! If she doesn't have a toy she will just shove her whole fist in there! Teething soon maybe?
  • Memorable outings- Storyime/playgroup, Babies R Us Halloween, Seeing Sarah, etc. 
  • Favorite toys/activities- Still loves ceiling fans and mirrors, Hello Kitty Blocks, Owl rattle, Dolly, rings, Firefly, Very Hungry Caterpillar, etc.  Loves books! A girl after my own heart! We read before bed every night! Also loves the rhymes we do at story time! Particularly (Tick Tock, Horse named Ron and Patty Cake!) Loves to play with Stella
  • Words/sounds- Imitating sounds a little. Has started saying "Ooh Ooh" to herself usually in the mirror or sometimes to her BFF the ceiling fan!
  • Nicknames- I call her sweet pea, peanut, sweet girl or Hal...Daddy likes to call her Daniel son when I put headbands on her...but other than that sticks to a generic sweetie or cutie!
  • Funny moments- She sticks her tongue out almost all the time now! It's hard to catch a picture of her smiling because it usually involves a tongue hanging out too! lol Yay for upcoming Christmas pictures! Also have you seen this adorable video of her playing with Stella
  • Looking forward to- Each and every moment! I can't wait for Halloween and even more excited to see her little face light up at Christmas! I know she's going to love all the decorations! 
Can't wait to see what the next month will bring, but Lord, slow it down! I need to savor this just a little big more!
Kelly





12 comments:

  1. She is soooo cute!!! Our oldest was always tiny, tiny. She barely weighed 19lbs at one year old. She was always in the 20th-40th percentile, but then Monkey came along, and she was off the charts!! Haha :) She is so sweet...enjoy every moment! Love her hairband :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! My family is known for teeny babies, so I am not too worried...the Dr seems to be a bit concerned though!

      Delete
  2. Happy 4 months! You have done such a great job documenting! I love the chalkboard, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really enjoy decorating it each month!

      Delete
  3. She is such a DOLL! This is so sweet, love your letter to her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my she is a cutie! and that chalk board with Hallie-ween is too cute:) Happy 4 months to your precious girl, they really do grow super fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So true! Happy 8 months to your cutie!

      Delete
  5. Happy 4 months Hallie! I also say that same phrase every time - those months really do fly by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's such a pretty and teeny little thing! Isn't it crazy how much changes from month to month?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...