Followers

A Few of my Favorite Things

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Mom Jeans

I know I have talked about this before, but I am still far from where I want to be losing my baby weight.  I was so excited when I came home from the hospital with only 12 lbs left to lose! And even more ecstatic when I stopped pumping and I only had 10 lbs to lose.  Well let me tell you something about those 10 lbs my friends! They have stuck to me like a pesky tick!
I have been working out several times a week and I cut out sodas...nothing! I told myself I wouldn't buy my Fall wardrobe until I was a bit closer to where I want to be, preferably fitting back into my adorable pre-preggers Gap jeans, but I was just left feeling bad about myself...like a frumpy mom.
This is where the best husband in the world stepped in! Ladies be jealous! My loving husband came home from work last week with a gift card to Old Navy for me to get some transitional jeans. With the gift card and the great sales going on as well as a coupon from RetailMeNot (which if you haven't already downloaded this app, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!) I was able to get 2 pairs of jeans, several shirts and a sweater! I paired them with some things from last season, some new Jamberry nails and VIOLA! A new Fall wardrobe for Mommy that leaves me feeling comfortable and confident!

Here are some of the outfits I have put together and cannot wait to wear!





The Boyfriend Skinny Jeans- Old Navy

Plaid Chiffon Top- Old Navy

Navy Ribbed Tank- Old Navy

Brown Plaid Combat Boots- Overstock last season- Similar Here









Same Jeans and boots with another Tshirt I bought after Hallie was born this Summer













Same Jeans

Old Navy Baseball Tee- (I got it on clearance) Similar Here

Chevron Toms













Same Jeans

Old Navy Varsity Shirt I picked up this summer- Similar Here

Chuck Taylor's 







Sweetheart Skinny Jeans (Thanks to my new curves)- Old Navy

Chiffon Shirt (Also a clearance steal)- Other designs Available Here

Lightweight Cardigan- Old Navy

Animal Print Sperry's (Old Design) Similar Here









Same Jeans

Shimmer Tank- Old Navy 

Black Shimmer Shrug- (Old Style from Express) Similar Here

Calvin Klein Gray Heels (Old Style)







Same top and Jeans paired with Pink Glitter Toms









Same Jeans

Allison Taylor Blouse- Similar Here

Gibson Blazer-Nordstrom

Nude Ballet Flats









And of course I had to splurge on some items from the new Jamberry Catalog! They are Buy3 Get 1 Free after all!

Jamberry Nails: 

1. Glam 2. Monster Mash 
2. Icy Boysenberry Polka 3. Boysenberry Chevron 




Have you bought anything new for Fall?
<3 Kelly

12 comments:

  1. I love your outfits and those jams are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I'll send over some samples!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, cute stuff! I need to download retail me not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It saves me so much money!

      Delete
  3. So cute, Kelly!! Good job:) I always thought it would be perfect to put together a look book of outfits that I could wear each day...no time! Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Old Navy!! They have the most comfortable jeans that are age suitable!! Love the outfits you put together! Love the Jamberry... I haven't tried yet but can't wait too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you for sure need to try jamberry! So fun!

      Delete
  5. so sweet of your hubby! It is so important to have some good traditional clothes to wear. For sure get clothes that you like and that fit right for the now. I love your picks, have fun wearing them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! Yes, he was totally sweet!

      Delete
  6. For some nursing/pumping moms, they never lose the last 5-10 until they stop nursing/pumping! But girl, you've still got time! I didn't feel confident about my body until the 10 month mark, which makes total sense since it takes 10 months for our bodies to change while growing our babes!
    So glad you got some new clothes!! Your hubs is awesome! Fitting into our clothes comfortably makes the biggest difference in feeling good about ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw this, I am so sorry! I am so glad, I am not actually pumping anymore, but unfortunately the weight is still here! I am glad to hear that you say 10 months, because a lot of moms have told me that! Hopefully I will start feeling normal then!

      Delete

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...