A Few of my Favorite Things

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Busy Bees

We have been busy bees this weekend!

Friday: We went to Twisted Root to Celebrate our 6 month Anniversary (1 week early! We are busy next weekend!) We were Fez and we got a free milkshake which just so happened to be my favorite kind (Cookie dough and brownie!) Yum!















Saturday: I started off my day celebrating with Christopher's cousin Jennifer at another baby shower! Then I high tailed it to meet Christopher so that we could go to Brad and Melissa's engagement party.  After all the parties I had to go to work for the rest of the evening.

Sunday: Today we got up early and went to Mass. After Mass, we went to a reunion for the marriage preparation that Christopher and I had to complete before our wedding. 
              TANGENT: So I was super nervous about the 6 week marriage preparation we had to go through before the wedding, seriously I was super dreading it!!! Much to my surprise however, I honestly believe that it was the best thing Christopher and I have done as a couple! Not only did it get us to think of any and every scenario we might face in our marriage from finances to kids to healthy arguments to putting each other first, but we also got to get to know Mike and Judy, the BEST sponsor couple I could have ever imagined! They are fabulous!!!! To anyone getting married, I HIGHLY recommend finding something similar to what Christopher and I went through in preparing for our marriage!
ANYWAY...So we got to see Mike and Judy again, along with meeting other young married couples at our Church! We had a really wonderful time! 
After Church, we went to visit my Nana, she hasn't been doing that well, and I am so glad we went to see her, even though it was tough seeing her that way...
This afternoon, Christopher's Dad came over and helped him put in our new tank less water heater! HELLO LONG HOT SHOWERS!!!! :) 
While they worked, I cooked, and Oh Em Gee! Everyone needs to try this recipe! It was delicious!! We definitely enjoyed this one!!!! 

Chicken Rollatini (A fun spin on Chicken Parmesan!)

Ingredients: 

  • 4 Chicken breasts washed and cut in 1/2 down the seam to form 8 cutlets 
  • 3/4 a cup of Italian Bread Crumbs
  • 1/2 a cup of Parmesan Cheese Divided into fourths
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 blocks of frozen spinach (20 oz total) defrosted and drained (Get all the water out!)
  • 6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
  • 6 oz part skim mozzarella 
  • Olive oil non-stick spray
  • 1 cup your favorite marinara sauce
  • salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees and grease a casserole dish 

After cutting the chicken breasts in half, pat dry and season with salt, pepper and garlic

In one bowl, Mix bread crumbs and 1/4 of the Parmesan 

In another crack the eggs

In a last bowl, combine the spinach (completely drained), the remaining Parmesan, the Ricotta cheese and 2 oz mozzarella.  






















Next, scoop a generous helping of spinach mixture into each piece of chicken and roll it over.  

Then dip the breast into the egg and roll in bread crumbs.  Place into casserole dish and repeat with each breast.  Cook for 25 minutes.

















Last, smother with marinara sauce and top with remaining mozzarella cheese and place back in the oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted and it looks all amazing like this:























Hope you enjoy!!!
Have a wonderful week! 
Mrs. Mock 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to follow us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...